NodeJS / Java – Backend Developer
This position will support and help drive the multi-million-dollar digital transformation that is underway in Pickles. The incumbent will initially be working on the existing tech stack of our public website and will then move on to the transformation of our broader architecture to microservices using Node.js and event streaming using Kafka platform.
- Assist with estimation of the work required to implement business requirements in conjunction with the Business Analyst, Architecture, and where appropriate, UI/UX functions
- Assist with the documentation and design of solutions, ensuring compliance with agreed architecture
- Develop software to meet specified requirements and in accordance with the agreed design
- Drive compliance of your development work in accordance with the agreed technical QA policy, ensuring that code is checked in regularly, unit tests and code reviews are completed, and assisting with code reviews for others
- Assist Testers to test your software deliveries, triaging and addressing defects as required
- Assist with the transition of software to Production, including any post-implementation support
Key working relationships
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Development Managers
- External consultants
Experience and knowledge
- 3+ years of experience in building micro services and RESTful APIs using Node.js
- 3+ years of experience with Java/J2EE, JSP, Spring MVC, Hibernate, REST APIs
- Experience in Domain Driven Design (DDD) especially tactical patterns
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines for microservices and API’s with Bitbucket and Azure DevOps
- Experience in a Test-Driven Development environment for microservices
- Experience in using productivity tools for microservices such as swagger hub, postman, SoapUI
- Experience working in cross-functional agile teams with scrum ceremonies and DevOps culture
- Experience with ALM tools such as Jira, Confluence and Azure DevOps
- Strong systems, problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent self-learner with high aptitude to acquire and master new technology skills.
Desirable Skills and attributes
- Event streaming platform such as Apache Kafka
- Docker and Kubernetes (AKS)
- Microsoft Azure Platform
- Apache Configuration
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Technology or equivalent.
- You must include the words “HIRE ME” in your application.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English)
- You must have a passion for coding, experimenting, and testing new technologies not just as a career, but also have a demonstrated portfolio of things you’ve created in your own time as a hobby.
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short cover letter that quickly and uniquely describes why you are the right person for our team.