Head of Industrial Sales
About Pickles Asia
We are a well-funded and internationally backed company seeking a detail oriented and experienced sales professional with a track record of working with senior management closing multi-million ringgit deals.
Our business works with industrial machine and equipment sellers to maximise the return on every asset put to sale. In Australia we employ over 800 people with 23 facilities and we are expanding to Malaysia. Our goal is to be the largest vendor of our kind in Malaysia and we think there is an incredible opportunity for the right person to lead this area of our business.
To do this job you need an outstanding knowledge of industrial equipment and machinery trading in Malaysia. This includes sellers (banks, insurance, fleet, corporate, dealers and private sellers) and buyers (Enterprise buyers/sellers, SME, dealers, scrap dealers, repair shops, and more) and the motives and motivators that drive their decisions. You may have been a sales executive, finance manager, an industrial supplier, or worked in the repossession/banking industry.
Our business is built on reputation and relationships. To earn and maintain employment in this role you will need to demonstrate that you are a trusted member and a thought leader in the industrial trading community with any of the above groups.
Reporting to the General Manager of Pickles Asia, you will be primarily focused on two main areas:
- Increasing the number of vendors (sellers, insurers, fleet, corporates, dealers) and the overall amount of inventory put to auction each month.
- Building an After-Sales Support team to service the buyers, creating an easy transfer of ownership service between our vendors and buyers.
Above all, deliver outstanding customer service to both vendors and buyers to ensure we achieve maximum returns on every vehicle put to auction.
We think job descriptions can only go so far. But to give you a flavour, here are some of the areas you’ll be responsible for:
- Start-up thinking – making it happen and finding solutions when uncertainty arises.
- Learning and working with others – we are a collaborative team, we like to think in terms of options and outcomes and making a decision then moving forward quickly.
- Execution – our model is well established, you’ll be responsible for strategically tailoring the model for Malaysia and also directly involved in execution. You will be directly accountable for our success.
Increasing inventory through new accounts and account development
- Find and sign new vendors/consignors to increase volume of vehicles available for sale at Pickles Asia
- Work with industry partners, primarily to replace the traditional tender sales process
- Advise new staff of each vendor’s special requirements that must be addressed to maintain a high standard of quality and service and customer satisfaction.
- Understand the unique needs of each vendor and in turn work with the entire Pickles Asia team to increase our overall understanding of the market, thus continuing to help us increase our market share.
- Make Pickles Asia an indispensable part of our customer’s business operations.
Build a fanatical After Sales Support team that builds relationships, fosters trust, and encourages buyers to make repeat purchases and tell their friends
- Creation of a team that assists sellers and buyers with the transfer of assets after auction
- Build relationships with our buyers to make sure that we’re fitting demand with supply
- Creation of a transparent and trusted marketplace where everyone wins.
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all vendor and buyer requests and complaints are responded to promptly, politely and in accordance with Pickles procedures.
- Liaise with vendors on releases, marketing options, reserve prices and referrals.
- Assist in training and development of staff in specific vendor requirements.
- Contact and visit new clients every month; maintain a client relationship log; submit monthly sales report to the General Manager.
- Service clients and accounts; regularly communicate with key contacts; ensure specific criteria is met; provide pre and post sale reports.
- Oversee the rectification process to avoid slow moving stock and to convey a pro-active attitude to vendors.
- Assist in auction process to maximise vendor returns.
- Report on relevant sales issues at the fortnightly Departmental Managers meeting
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of vendors contributing inventory
- Total volume of inventory managed and put to auction each month
- After Service Support management
- New Buyer accounts created and number of repeat buyers