IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO ADVANCE YOUR CAREER AS A PROFESSIONAL AUCTIONEER THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU. YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH AND TRAINED BY THE BEST AUCTIONEERS IN AUSTRALIA AS PART OF THIS JOB. WE WILL HELP YOU BECOME THE BEST AUCTIONEER IN THE COUNTRY.
Live and die by the hammer.
In Australia we employ over 900 people with 24 facilities and we have expanded to Malaysia. Our goal is to be the largest seller of used and salvage vehicles in Malaysia. It is a competitive industry and we like to win. There is an incredible opportunity for the right person to take a leadership role as the head of our marketing team.
To do this job you need to be a legally licensed auctioneer with the ability to actively engage our buyers in an online and live in-person auction environment. This is a requirement, if you are not licensed, do not apply.
You will not only have the opportunity to drive auctions in person like never before, you will also learn advanced digital auctioneering technology. This is a role for a smart and driven auctioneer looking to work with a team of smart and driven team members.
We want energetic, tactile, and personal. We want an auctioneer that put smiles on people’s faces and financial results in our vendor’s bank accounts. We’re looking for delivery that becomes LEGENDARY in the auctioning community.
You will be working with our sellers, which include individuals, corporations, and banks, to provide high level estimates on values that may be achieved at auction. You will also need to be approachable to our buyers to help educate them on the auction processes, rules, and terms and conditions.
Your reputation, personality, and ability to achieve the highest return at each auction will be key to successfully winning the job.
- Appraises merchandise before sale and recommends the order that each item is to be auctioned on the auction day.
- Works with the marketing team to develop and promote the auction catalog and advertising copy for the website, local newspapers, and magazines.
- Ensure the auction floor and the digital auction system is set by the required time.
- Energize the bidding audience and get them ready to bid fast and in large increments.
- Determines or asks for starting bid.
- Stimulate and encourage the bidding process to achieve the highest price possible.
- Closes sale to highest bidder.
- Completes the required documentation with the team and the buyer to ensure a smooth transfer of ownership.
- Works with the team to create a enjoyable working environment for all.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all vendor and buyer requests & complaints are responded to promptly, politely and in accordance with company procedures.
- Team with department managers to ensure items are accurately inspected in within the required timeframe
- Ensure the auction floor is set by the required time
- Ensure all equipment and staff are prepared at the commencement of every auction
- Report on relevant operational issues at the fortnightly Departmental Managers’ meeting
- Complete and submit weekly auctions report for the General Manager
- You must be a licensed auctioneer in the state of Selangor.
- You must be detail oriented, and you must include the words HIRE ME in your application intro.
- You must pass a physical health exam by your doctor.
- You must pass a criminal background check.
- As part of your interview, we’ll ask you to demonstrate your skills. And that means showing us how you engage an audience with style and substance.
- You must be able to demonstrate exceptional skills in auctioneering and an auctioneer’s “chant” and explain in detail how an auctioneer can motivate, stimulate, and encourage bidding from a diverse and multicultural audience.
- Required language(s): English, Bahasa, and at least one other.
- At least 1 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Required Skill(s): auction, auctioneering, auctions, advertising, sales, marketing
- Preferably Senior Executive specialized in Property/Real Estate or equivalent.