The purpose of this position is to serve as the intermediary between IT and end users, ensuring that the business/user requirements are effectively delivered by IT solutions.
- Facilitating structured conversations and exercises with business user groups to capture and analyse end user requirements.
- Managing stakeholders across the business communicating, setting expectations, driving common understanding and addressing contention.
- Constantly looking to improve and streamline business processes and requirements to achieve business and IT goals.
- Defining business, functional and non-functional requirements and associated acceptance criteria and ensuring business buy-in.
- Developing functional specifications that design and document desired outcome of system enhancement/development.
- Working closely with the technical and UX teams to design solutions that meet and deliver the required business outcomes.
DEVELOPMENT, QA & CUTOVER SUPPORT
- Support technical solutioning by representing user requirements during the design and grooming process.
- Support developers and QA resources during implementation, providing guidance on requirements and facilitating discussions with business stakeholders as required.
- Assist with preparation of material and providing training and assistance to end-users following implementation.
- Support the transition of solutions to cutover and successful operation. PROJECT/INITIATIVE MANAGEMENT
- As required, manage the successful delivery of small to medium-sized initiatives, or components of larger initiatives, acting as a Scrum Master.
BEST PRACTICE CONTRIBUTION
- Producing documentation as defined by the Business Analysis Chapter supporting the application lifecycle management process.
- Continual improvement of the business analysis team discipline employing best practice and standards as a Business Analysis Chapter.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
• Successful specification of initiatives and change to the business.
• Demonstrable action to continually improve the business analysis process and practice.
• Accurate communication and delivery of requirements and design.
• Effective relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
• High quality of documentation and project artefacts.
KEY ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
• 5 years+ experience as a BA, as well as some experience in managing projects/initiatives.
• Experience with Agile methodologies.
• Effective people management skills to drive stakeholder agreement on solutions.
• Strong analytical, communication and documentation skills to conceptualise and explain solutions
• Strong business acumen.
• Comfortable working in a pressured and dynamic environment.
• Undergraduate degree in business or IT
• Nice to have: Understanding of Domain Driven Design, Event-driven architectures and Specification by Example / BDD Behaviour Driven Development), Scrum.
To apply: email email@example.com with your CV and a short cover letter that quickly and uniquely describes why you are the right person for our team.